The Cumberland Post

The Cumberland Post
My Backyard, Six Miles from the Cumberland River

Thursday, September 24, 2015

New Blog: Music City Poetry

It's been awhile since my last post. About 14 months. Time passes.

I'm getting older, that's for sure. I've noticed lately when I'm watching a movie or a TV show that when the story involves some old geezer who's passed on and they have a scene at the cemetery, the birth date on the headstone is the same as mine (1940) or even later.

John Doe: born 1940, died 2012.

Kinda makes you think.

And the political stuff is pretty much the same isn't? I mean the country still seems like that old Merle Haggard song, "rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for Hell."


But we go on.

I'm not giving up on this blog, I'm just slowing her down a bit. But I have started a new one, Music City Poetry. I hope any of you who still come by the old Post will take a look at it.

Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment