The Cumberland Post

The Cumberland Post
My Backyard, Six Miles from the Cumberland River

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Guitar Wars: Part Deux

Here's two more by Doc, the gospel song "You Must Come in at the Door," and "Dear Old Sunny South by the Sea."



Tony Rice is one of the greatest bluegrass guitarists ever. I understand he had some problems with drugs over the years but I saw a youtube of him playing great at Bonaroo in 2009 so he must be sober now. This youtube is older, back when he was in his prime. He's with his group The Tony Rice Unit and the song is "Tipper."

1 comment:

  1. Not bad, Dan...not bad at all for some country boys. Honestly, I had never heard of Tony Rice. But then, I've never been much of a follower of bluegrass.

    That was "smokin'!"

    Give me a few minutes. I've got today's salvo almost picked out.

    ReplyDelete