The Cumberland Post

The Cumberland Post
My Backyard, Six Miles from the Cumberland River

Monday, May 24, 2010

Sailin' Along

The Guitar Wars have ended in a truce and the Show may have closed, but I still got time for some string music.

This is one I know Ed will like and I think both Buck and Andy will enjoy as well. There's something about Brother Oswald's rendition of this song (on the original Nitty Gritty "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" album) that really gets me. Back about ten years ago I had a loop cassette made of this that I played over and over as I drove to work in the old Dakota pickup. It's a mixture of sadness and hope. Bashful Brother Oswald...

1 comment:

  1. I have "Will the Circle..." on vinyl. Or rather my son does... (sigh)

    The war/show ain't over in my theatre (which term may be used in both senses)!

    ReplyDelete