The Cumberland Post

The Cumberland Post
My Backyard, Six Miles from the Cumberland River

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Primary Results

Well, seems like I'm 0 for 2 on primary election day.

I say "seem" because the congressional race may be contested since it ended up so very close. State Senator Diane Black won only about 32% of the vote in the contest to be the Republican nominee for the 6th Congressional district. She was ahead of Zelenik by a little over 500 votes. And less than a hundred votes separated Lou Ann Zelenik from the third challenger, Jim Tracy.



For governor, the winning Republican candidate is Knoxville mayor Bill Haslam. He'll face Former Governor Ned McWherter's son, Mike, in November.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh.

    I respect your judgment, Dan. But, I sure was pulling for Basil Marceaux.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete