The Cumberland Post

The Cumberland Post
My Backyard, Six Miles from the Cumberland River

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Keep on Cookin' -- Carolyn Martin

Carolyn Martin, previously a vocalist with the legendary western swing group, the Time Jumpers, has a new solo album out, "Cooking with Carolyn." It's got some great western swing tracks. The sidemen on this one just knock my socks off. Let's melt some butter in a pan...



Don't you want another piece of hot buttered cornbread? Here's Carolyn with the Time Jumpers back in 2007 at the Station Inn in Nashville, a great place to go for good live music in the Music City. That "Pizza 'N Bud" sign in the background sounds pretty good, too.



Finally, for dessert, this is an impromptu performance by Carolyn at the 2009 WMA. Yeah, I know. There's some distracting low level background noise, and it's a little rough around the edges. But just listen to these three ladies sing. Sometimes the unplanned, the spontaneous is better than the rehearsed.

2 comments:

  1. I'd have seconds of WHATEVER Carolyn dished up, thank ya! I loves me some western swing, too. Commander Cody and the LPA introduced me to the genre many years ago and then it was off on a voyage of discovery. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know where you find them, but they are mighty fine!

    ReplyDelete