The Cumberland Post

The Cumberland Post
My Backyard, Six Miles from the Cumberland River

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Royalties Pouring In

I wrote and self published a satirical novel back in 2006 entitled Liberalstein. It was both a comedy and a warning book about what could happen in the country if the wrong person (an extreme liberal) were elected.

The book tells the story of how liberal Democrats hijack the 2008 election by creating a crafty, articulate, mixed race clone who poses as a middle of the road candidate, and who, after the winning the presidency, reveals himself to be a true liberal monster. But that couldn't really happen, could it?

Anyway, thanks to the book, my retirement is now secure. Today, I received a royalty payment for all of 2009 for $8.40.

Okay, so I exaggerated a little. Writers, however, are compensated in other ways as well. The writing process itself is fun. And, as my Mother used to say, it keeps me off the streets. And one more reward-- if you're doing a bit of prognostication there's at least a chance you'll be right. But this is a bittersweet compensation. In the case of Liberalstein, I get to say I was right about what would happen if a certain kind of candidate ran for President and won. But while I'm patting myself on the back, our country is suffering. I have a strong feeling, however, that this fall's congressional elections and the 2012 presidential election will alleviate that suffering somewhat.

BTW, click the link and you can still buy Liberalstein from the publisher, iUniverse. Dear reader, if you buy a copy, maybe next year I'll break the $10 barrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment